Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just keep sewing, just keep sewing...

I seriously get Dory from "Finding Nemo" stuck in my head when I say this. Instead of her line from the movie of "Just keep swimming...", I get have "Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, sewing, sewing!"

I have finished several bags this week, and need to get pictures taken of them. I have a bunch that are waiting on snaps that I ordered earlier this week.

Hopefully I won't start to lag behind in my sewing adventures. Yesterday my husband surprised me with a five-week old puppy yesterday. I had been helping in the kindergarten class of our oldest son, while my husband took our youngest son to go pick up the puppy. The man that was giving them away had 10 in the litter, and only four left. He was giving them away so soon because he found the mom had died. Jake is the runt of the litter and is probably no more than three pounds.

He whimpered and whined so much last night, probably because he was missing his siblings. I was awake for most of the night with him, or with our oldest who has a mild cold, but a horrible cough. He sounds like he is a sea lion with a big bark when he coughs. My husband finally got up to hang out with the puppy before he had to leave for work at dark-thirty (5am is when he leaves, so he can be there by 5:40 to relieve the officer ahead of him). When he left for work, I decided that I would have Jake sleep on our bed. I think that was the best decision I made all night! He slept straight to 7am, when I found out that I needed to call the school and say DS#1 was staying home from school.

So now I need to see what I can get done while the puppy is napping...and dealing with a sick 5yr old, and a super feisty 3yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment